Sunday, December 27, 2009

NEVER FORGET 1984



I wanted to write the following in my previous post, but I felt that it would have been to long. We must consider that what happended in 1984 was not only an attack on our religion. We must remember that not only was the Golden temple destroyed, but also the Sikh reference library; also the orignal Guru Granth Sahib and I believe more than 80 other guardwarads as well. To the left is a picture of what the Golden Temple looked like in 1984 after the attack. We must remember that not only was the army used, but also naval divers, first time to be used after the second world war; poisonious gas which was not used by anyone in power before this except Hitler. We must remember that the police and army went into a killing streak againt Sikhs; even thought we have never meant any harm. Even when we have co-operated with authorities, for example, the Kelo incident we have ended up harmed. I personally do not know much but I would like to learn more about it, could someone please leave a comment? The Indian Gouvernment lets those individuals go who were held responsible for murders of Sikhs when all the witnesses suddendly die or refuse to speak why? If you are not a Indian citizen I would like you to think, is India really a democratic country when it won't even allow Sikhs to become their own seperate state? Thanks for reading this post, sorry it is a bit short but I will build up on this, its just that I need more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment